Christmas is set to look and feel pretty different this year. To spread some cheer despite the circumstances, follow a different kind of advent calendar and deliver on one act of kindness every day to brighten the days of those around you.
1. Leave a positive review for a small business/shop/cafe you’ve recently bought from
2. Donate what you can to your nearest food bank
3. Add a donation to a charity of choice to your Christmas list. Next time someone asks what you want, ask them to donate in your name instead.
4. Compliment someone you haven’t spoken to yet today
5. Send someone you love flowers to brighten their day (or get some for yourself!)
6. Be kind to yourself today: treat yourself with something you’ve been craving
7. Send a secret treat to a loved one using Cadbury’s Secret Santa service
8. Find your local food drive and ask where they need help
9. Ask someone you know who has been going through a hard time if you can take something off their list
10. Arrange a virtual coffee with someone you haven’t spoken to in a while
11. Pay it forward next time you pop into a coffee shop so the next person gets a free treat
12. Share a small business page on your social media
13. Forward a @nathanwpylestrangeplanet comic to a friend to make them smile
14. Send a friend a postcard
15. Send a positive encouragement card to a friend, ‘just because’
16. Paint a happy message on a rock and then leave it in a public place for strangers to find
17. Find your nearest homeless shelter and ask what they need donated
18. Leave a little thank you present for an essential worker. Pop a packet of biscuits and a note out for the waste collectors, add a chocolate bar to your supermarket order and gift it to the cashier or send a book to an NHS worker using the Big Green Bookshop.
20. Read a good book recently? Pass it on to a friend with a post it note message stuck to the first page
21. Check what your local charity shop needs donated and have a clear out
22. Give a stranger a nice compliment today
23. Say hello to an elderly neighbour and ask if they need anything
24. Take the time today to send some genuine messages of kindness to loved ones
Worried you’ll forget to take part? Head to our Instagram @theknowmedia.co for a handy list and reminders!